- Emergency contact numbers*
- First aid instruction booklet
Supplies For Minor Scrapes And Cuts*
- Adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- Adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- Sterile gauze (both rolls and pads)
- Antibiotic ointment
- Antiseptic wipes/spray
- Instant cold compresses (I also like to have some reusable cold compresses in the freezer at all times)
- Hydrocortisone ointment
- Calamine lotion
- Rubbing alcohol
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Hand sanitizing gel
- Burn ointment
- Eyewash solution (with eye cup)
- Petroleum jelly
- Saline solution (for help in suctioning out baby's nose)
- Sunscreen, at least SPF 15
- Sunburn ointment
- Cotton balls
- Cotton swabs
- Disposable gloves
- Ace bandages
- Plastic bags
Miscellaneous other supplies
- Bulb syringe (for suctioning out baby's nose)
- Medicine syringes and teaspoons for measuring out doses of medicine*
- Scissors (including blunt tipped scissors for cutting gauze and adhesive tape)
- Fine needle (use this, along with tweezers for splinter removal)
- Flashlight and batteries*
- Fever and pain reducers, for both adults and children*
- Anti-diarrhea medication
- Oral electrolyte solution (such as Pedialyte)
- Mild laxatives
- Cold and/or flu medicines
- Cough medicine
- Prescription medications prescribed to family members
What Should I Have In My House In Case Of Accidental Poisoning?Call the Poison Control Center immediately! The Poison Help hotline number is 1-800-222-1222
It does not have to be expensive or take a lot of time to stock your first aid kit if you just buy one or two items at a time every couple of shopping trips.
Further, this first aid kit checklist is just a guide, and I am not a medical doctor. Check with your physician if you have any questions or need further clarification.
Finally, each family is unique and therefore your first aid kit checklist should be tailored to fit your needs and activities, including allergies, prescription medications, health conditions, and activities and hobbies that family members engage in.
Courtesy of Lisa Bear RE/MAX Realty Center
888-893-5534 Direct Fax
Proudly Serving Southcentral and Southeastern Wisconsin with Referrals from my Clients
Look for properties across Wisconsin on MLS at http://www.lisabear.com
Check me out on Facebook:
Check out my Blogs!
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RealEstateinWis
Knowledge, Integrity, Experience and Results!!!
If you or anyone you know is looking to buy or sell.... I'd love the REFERRAL!!
"HELPING YOU MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION"