RE/MAX Marks 40 Years of Real Estate History
“This company was built on the strength of individual entrepreneurship and innovation. Gail and I recognized in the beginning that we would succeed only if our agents succeeded,” said Dave Liniger, RE/MAX Co-Founder and Chairman. “So much has changed in 40 years, but what hasn’t changed is our commitment to customer service and our dedication to supporting our agents and offices.”
RE/MAX was born in a single brokerage office in Denver, based on an innovative agent-centric philosophy that attracted the industry’s top performers.
RE/MAX achieved number one market share in Canada in 1987. A decade later RE/MAX sold more real estate than any competitor in the United States, and has held number one market share in both countries every year since.
With a strong emphasis on improvement through education, the revolutionary RE/MAX Satellite Network broadcast to offices across America in 1994 with a new standard of agent training. RE/MAX is also the long-time industry leader in national TV advertising and website visits.
“RE/MAX is a true American success story. Everyone involved at the beginning came from modest backgrounds, and we just worked really hard to make our dream a reality,”added Gail Liniger, RE/MAX Co-Founder and Vice Chairman.
In 2012, RE/MAX continued to grow around the world, adding 739 new franchises and six new countries, including mainland China. RE/MAX now has a presence in more than 85 countries, a number greater than all of its competitors.
Florida led RE/MAX growth in the U.S. with 35 new franchises. California added 33. Internationally, the number of new franchises in South Africa, the fastest growing country, was up 88% over 2011, and Turkey increased by 68%.
Also in 2012, for the 10th time in 14 years, RE/MAX, LLC was recognized as the highest ranking real estate company in Entrepreneur magazine’s 34th annual “Franchise 500.” RE/MAX also earned the #1 real estate ranking in the Top 200 survey as published in the October 2012 edition of Franchise Times magazine. And, RE/MAX was named one of the “Top 50 Franchises for Minorities” by the National Minority Franchising Initiative through the World Franchising Network.
Other prominent achievements in 2012:
- Dave Liniger was named by Inman News as the “People’s Choice” Most Influential Real Estate Leader, with a record number of votes.
- RE/MAX agents continued to be the most productive in industry surveys. Both the 2012 REAL Trends 500 and the RIS Media Power Broker surveys showed RE/MAX agents the clear leaders with respect to agent productivity among the national franchise companies.
- RE/MAX launched the new remax.com, becoming the first real estate franchisor to provide consumers with a personal, consistent web experience across desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- The “What Moves You” social media contest attracted thousands of consumers to share their personal stories online and vote for the winner of the $10,000 grand prize. Monica May of St. Louis, Missouri won for the inspiring story of her young granddaughter Sophie’s battle with cancer.
- A redesigned RE/MAX University launched a revolutionary learning platform that promises to set the standard for the real estate industry. The new platform is a full-fledged, interactive learning experience that RE/MAX Associates can tailor exactly to their needs.