The VA Streamline Refinance (IRRRL) LoanThe VA Streamline Refinance is also known as the Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL). The IRRRL allows you to refinance your current mortgage interest rate to a lower rate than you are currently paying.
The Streamline loan is extremely popular because of its ease of use: once you have already been approved for your initial VA purchase loan, it is relatively simple to lower your interest rate and experience considerable savings. In most cases, a loan officer or lender with expertise in VA loans should be able to complete the loan within a month’s time in most cases.
VA loan closing costs can be rolled into the cost of the loan, allowing veterans to refinance with no out-of-pocket expenses. Sometimes it is also possible for the lender to take the brunt of the cost in exchange for a higher interest rate on your loan.
In order to qualify for a VA Streamline, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be current on your mortgage with no more than one 30-day late payment within the past year.
- Your new monthly payment for the IRRRL must also be lower than the previous loan’s monthly payment. (The only time this condition does not apply is if you refinance an ARM to a fixed rate mortgage.)
- You must not receive any cash from the IRRRL.
- You must certify that you previously occupied the property.
- You must have previously used your VA Loan eligibility on the property you intend to refinance. (You may see this referred to as a VA to VA refinance.)
Contact me, Lisa Bear, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-893-5555
if you want to know more about how you can become a homeowner!
I am here to help you!