The origin of 'Kiss Your Mate Day', has not been known but an association has been found out. In Rome, 28th April is celebrated as the celebration of Fordicida – the budding flowers of Spring.
* Kiss elates your brain and brushes away all your stress and tension.
You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
The average person spends two weeks of their life kissing.
Eskimos, Polynesians and Malaysians rub noses instead of kissing.
A standard greeting in Europe is a kiss on both cheeks - could be two. . . could be four.
African tribes pay homage to their Chief by kissing the ground where he has walked.
In Ireland, you will have good luck if you kiss the Blarney Stone.
The scientific name for kissing is philematology.
Longest underwater kiss - 2 minutes and 18 seconds in Tokyo, Japan, on April 2, 1980.
The longest kiss record is by a couple named Nikola Matovic and Kristina Reinhart from Germany. They kissed for 32 hours and 7 mints. The record was set in 2009.
First movie kiss - John C Rice kissed May Irwin in the film called "The Kiss" (1896).
Most kisses in a single movie - 127 in the movie "Don Juan" (1927). Mary Astor and Estelle Taylor got all of those kisses from John Barrymore.
Longest movie kiss - 3 minutes and 5 seconds between Jane Wyman and Regis Tommey in, "You're in the Army Now" (1941).
Beware where you kiss!
In some places kissing is a crime - it's illegal in Indiana for a mustached man to "habitually kiss human beings", in Hartford, Connecticut it's illegal for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday, and in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it's a crime to kiss a stranger.
- There is no upper limit to the number of times you can kiss your mate today.
- There is no upper limit to the number of kisses you can share today.
- It is highly recommended that you limit your kisses to just one mate.
- If you don't have a mate, it's alright to kiss someone who is not formally your mate.... Hey, you never know. This day may be a beginning.......
- You can kiss your mate wherever you want (location/place).
- You can kiss your mate wherever you want (anatomically speaking)